Katie had a little surprise up her sleeve at the end of the week. As fate would have it, we (Mom, Dad and Alex) all came to PCMC to see Katie in separate cars that day. She greeted each of us as we arrived standing by herself, and then WALKING toward us without help! There were tears of joy from parents, and big huge bear hugs all around. We were all on a "rocky mountain high" for the rest of that day! The therapists thought it would take weeks, not days to see her walk. Amazing therapists and nurses, hard work, great attitude, faith, and prayers = miracles. For all those that have been praying and fasting with us -- wearying the Lord on Katie's behalf -- these pictures are for you.
I know it's a few days early, but I'm counting it as the Best. Mother's Day Present. Ever. No gift will ever top this.
Here are a few pictures of Dad's moment. So sweet. Enjoy.
Wow! Keep up the great work, Katie! Happy early Mother's Day, Wendy!
ReplyDeleteSweet, sweet gift.
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm so happy! Katie you are amazing! I knew you could do it. We need to hang out once you are up for it! Thanks so much for these updates and let me know if there is anything I can do at all.
ReplyDelete- Raelynn
Awesome!!!!!! Katie, you rock!! We are so happy for your progress! Keep up the fantastic work!
ReplyDelete